NZDF partner with Site Safe to build positive safety culture

April 01 2019

All workers on construction and maintenance sites across the Defence Estate are required to hold a Site Safe Access Card following an agreement between NZDF and Site Safe.

 “Every day hundreds of tradies and construction workers come to work on the New Zealand Defence Estate.  We want them all to return home safely to their loved ones,” acting Head Defence Estate and Infrastructure Phil Gurnsey says.

The two organisations have signed an updated Memorandum of Understanding which means that anyone working on a construction site or carrying out maintenance across the Estate will be required to have undertaken Site Safe training and hold a Site Safe Access Card (previously a Site Safe passport) before commencing work.  These requirements will also be a condition of any new contracts awarded for construction and maintenance works on the Estate.  Refresher training and the renewal of Site Safe Card Access Cards will be required every two years.

“This MOU enables us to align our vision with Site Safe’s vision and to work together to influence positive safety cultures across New Zealand,” Mr Gurnsey said.

The MOU will run for five years and be reviewed annually.

← Back to the news